I know, everyone is just dying to know all about me. And since I know this, I decided to share ten things you might not know about me:
- I had my tonsils removed when I was four years old. And this, as it turns out, is not a very common practice anymore. Our youngest was having sore throats regularly last year. She was the same age as I had been when mine were removed. My mom told me she was showing a lot of the same tendencies I had shown before they discovered my infected tonsils. I took her to the doctor to get to the bottom of it. His diagnosis was allergies. He suggested I try Claritin for kids. I asked about the tonsils and was informed they don’t remove them unless it is absolutely necessary. Alrighty then!
- I went to Europe alone. And it was not the scariest thing I have ever done. I regret not taking advantage of my opportunity more thoroughly. Even though it was not as scary as some things I have done, I think being alone was a bit intimidating. It was the trip of a lifetime for me.
- My heritage is Sicilian. My ancestors are from Sicily. My attitude is 100% Italian. My emotions, all Italian. I always had to spell my last name out, before I married and changed my name. I can’t keep calm, no matter how hard I try. I am obsessed with pizza. I have a large, loud family. None of us keep calm very well.
- I go to bed at night and can’t wait to have coffee the next morning. Sometimes, morning coffee is all I think about. This can make it hard to fall asleep at night. Without coffee, I don’t function well.
- I don’t drink. I used to drink and I used to drink too much. I did not quit because I was an alcoholic and I had a problem. I quit because, honestly, I like who I am much better when I am not drinking. I can be hard to get along with when I have been drinking. I get testy and sometimes, mean. I don’t miss drinking, at all. I do break the rules on Thanksgiving and Christmas to participate in our whiskey sour tradition. My husband does not drink because of his kidney failure so it was an easy choice for me.
- My parents are the best! I was raised by two caring and compassionate people. They are my inspiration. They are both hard working and dedicated. They put their family first, no matter what. Without my parents, their love and never ending support, I would not be the person I am today. I thank my Mom and Dad every single day for raising me to be who I am.
- I would rather clean dirty stalls than go shopping. The number one best thing to happen to shopping is the internet. I can turn on my computer and order what I am looking for, in my pajamas, with my coffee and without any other people. I don’t stand in line, I don’t deal with traffic. It’s great. Please, don’t ask me to go shopping with you.
- I have three tattoos: a ladybug, a celtic symbol meaning “warrior” and a Kokopelli. I don’t regret any of them. I will probably not get another one, probably. I won’t encourage my kids to get them but I won’t throw a fit if they do, once they are 18, that is. None of them hurt enough for me to remember. They all have a special story to go along with them. My kids think it’s funny that a ladybug is always crawling on me.
- I am not a match for my husband. A blood type match that is. I was tested a few years ago because I wanted to donate my “extra” kidney to him. When I was not a match for him, we entered into the kidney exchange program to try and match me to someone else. Turns out, my blood type is hard to match.
- I am not bossy, I just know what you should be doing better than you do. And this is something I am working on. I have noticed a pattern over the last 33 years, I am usually offending someone because I am too pushy or too bossy. And yes, I am. I am vocal when it comes to my beliefs and my habits. Sometimes this spells trouble for the hubby and me.
There ya have it. More than you ever wanted to know about me.